We use Shopify for our online stores. Shopify is a third party ecommerce platform that allows you to create a high functioning, yet easy to use online shop without needing to know code. Because our website is built with Shopify our product files import into other Shopify sites with ease.
Some of Shopify's features:
- Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform with over 100,000 active global retailers
- You can sell online, offline and on-the-go using Shopify’s powerful technology
- Use your own domain name
- Sell gift cards and generate coupon codes
- Use its integrated blogging platform to create blog posts
- Process credit card payments directly through Shopify, or other gateways
- Process in-store purchases with Shopify POS
- Process purchases with your smartphone using Shopify Mobile
- Receive 24/7 onboarding and technical support from Shopify Gurus
- Access ecommerce analytics
- Use built-in SEO
- Rely on fast servers, industry-leading response times, and cutting edge infrastructure
- Keep your customer’s data secure with PCI Level 1 Compliant checkout
- Sell unlimited SKUs
- Shopify is always adding free new features to help you sell
As a professional web developer I have used many different ecommerce solutions for client websites depending on the needs of the business. I have also used and moved from four different ecommerce platforms over the years for my own online shops. If the priority of your online business is the online shop and selling products I would recommend Shopify. Shopify includes an easy to use dashboard for creating or importing products. It includes inventory controls, SEO, blog functions for multiple blogs, shipping settings and carriers, built in payment solutions, coupons and much more. You can buy shipping labels right from your admin panel with automatic updates to your customers.
Start your online shop with a free or paid theme. The theme gives you an initial design and layout to customize. Thousands of apps are also available to add additional functions to your shop. Some apps are free and some are paid. The options are almost endless and if you are just starting out simple can be best. Knowing that you are using a platform that will easily let you grow when you are ready is crucial.
We are affiliates of Shopify and may make a small commission when people sign up for an account through one of our links, but that is not why we recommend Shopify. We use, like, and recommend Shopify and for that reason signed up to be an affiliate. (Of course, if you opt to give them a try, we greatly appreciate you clicking through one of our links.) Tip: If you use a company or have a product that you like and you recommend it online check and see if they have an affiliate program available.